Wednesday, November 12, 2008

just playing

Do you remember when the hardest thing you had to do was remember to share with your siblings?



That is the biggest thing we are working on here on the farm.



Guess who won?



Abraham had his first doctor appointment of the week yesterday. Just a "well child" visit. The nurse came in with the little checklist of things he can do. I told her that we never get any further than the first three questions. That's what happens when you say "Point to the horse" and the kid doesn't have a clue what you just said.
:)
So, we put that away.

We weren't planning on a blood draw yesterday. Too much trauma, too soon. BUT - the doctor thought it might be helpful when we see the specialist on Thursday if we have his labs in hand. While we continue to believe that Abe only has a cataract, there is a possibility that his cataract is a sympton of something more.
So we drew blood. Oh, poor Abe. But, not sure if it was worse for him or Amy. She just sat and teared up as Abe was poked. When it was done, I think I had to comfort Amy more... She has such a tender heart.

I am VERY excited that a new friend of mine - Ellen - became a mommy on Monday! Her baby girl bounced into the world as an early birthday present (for Ellen)!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelley said...

When did Anna grow up??? Oh my goodness! She looks so grown sitting there. I had to look at them to know which was Amy and which was Anna! She is not your baby anymore! Praying for tomorrow's appointment. The girls go for their first Hep B shot...Emily is a wreck! Childbirth is going to be something else with that one! : )
Missing you! Sure wish we lived closer to one another. I'd love to come chat on a cold afternoon.
Love to your family!

Kim said...

Love the pictures! Looks like everyine is doing well and settling in.
Kim