Saturday, November 01, 2008

seven months in the making :)

I snagged this quick pic this morning...



and I can't quite put into words the emotion it brings to me just looking at it.
And I am living it.

Five.
Siblings.

Already acting like siblings.
:)

I think Anna grew up a lot while I was gone. She aparently took to potty training herself and is well on her way!
Amy just wants to hold Abraham. Too bad he can't slow down long enough for her to catch him!

Austin has managed to catch him a few times and has enjoyed carrying him around as much as Ashleigh has.

These two brothers.
So similar.

I slept like a rock until Anna came scampering in at 7:45 this morning. I know that is the "traveled for 25 hours" sleep and tonight will not go as smoothly. I am sure I will be up - answering emails - at 2 or 3 am. It's ok, though. This trip was so worth it.

Already, proper "long view" perspective is returning and I feel normal for the first time in two weeks.
Not normal, as in "no jet lag" normal, but normal as in "this is the way it is supposed to be" normal.

I must say - because I am afraid I didn't do a great job relaying in China - that Abraham is adjusting BEAUTIFULLY! He is amazing. I observed so many healthy attachment behaviors from him - just in those two weeks. God has made him very laid back and he truly appears to roll with the flow. That's a great quality for the baby of five children to have :)

He made eye contact from day one. He comes to me for comfort. He relaxed and felt he had the ability to explore and test. I am in awe at just how well he is doing.

I think that being a single parent in China isn't a good idea for me.
There is only one person in this world that is obligated and committed to loving me when I behave badly and he was here in the States taking care of our other 4 children.
:)
I am thankful that Gail and Connie still love me (at least they say they do!).
I think culture shock is very real for me, but maybe comes across in a different way than it does for others.
If we are ever to minister cross culturally - in a different country - a LOT will need to change in my heart and a lot of growth will have to happen first (or in the process).

As of now, I have already rearranged the car seats in the Suburban (did I mention that we sold the mini-van and bought a Suburban while I was gone?) and started unpacking. In a few minutes we will be waking up the three littles and heading to Judgement House. I can't wait to hear what God has been up to on THIS side of the world.
More later on what he was doing on the other side of the world in the past two weeks!
:)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Laura said...

We're so glad you're back safely! Wish we could have been at the airport to meet you. :)

Walking Through said...

Welcome home!
Kim H

The Montieth Family said...

Two Words:
WELCOME HOME!!!!! :)

The Montieth's in Wichita

Kim said...

I am so glad your back safely. Love the pictures of the siblings playing together. I'll send you an email tomorrow.
Kim S

~Mis-Wen~ said...

SO glad you are home my friend and most importantly that Abe is doing so well! AMEN!

Hugs~
Wendy

Pam said...

Welcome home! So glad you are on this side of things again, and experiencing the joy of your family gathered all together!

Cindi Campbell said...

Wonderful that you are home in familiar surroundings. I traveled the last week alone to bring back #2 Marissa and it was not a pretty sight I must say. There is NO place like home. Isn't it amazing to bring home your little guy and see that he fits? I feel the same about our Naomi. It just feels so good and right.. God is good!!!
Cindi

The Ordinary Horse said...

It was so good to see these pictures! Congratulations to all of you. I loved reading about your China days. Glad that everyone is adjusting smoothly. Keep the posts and pictures coming.