I love my Saturday mornings.
I still rise early (4:55), but because no one has to get up and ready for work or school, somehow the house is quiet until at least 7:00. That gives me another hour on Saturday mornings to spend doing mindless doddling online :)
Some thoughts this morning:
Abraham Caleb-Shunwei has been home for 6 weeks. Only 6 weeks?! How is that possible? He is so comfortable here - and everyone is already so comfortable with him!
Abe's sonogram of his eye is scheduled for Wednesday at 1 pm. Mommy's nervous. General anesthesia. Five kids over 12 years and this is our first "surgery". Wow.
Chris makes a very good pot of coffee - and he isn't even really a coffee drinker! Every night before he goes to bed, he makes my coffee (on a timer). I am so glad I invested 5 minutes teaching him!
Ashleigh isn't getting any younger! A good friend of mine (who also has five kids - but her youngest is a freshman in college AND they actually used to live in this house!) emailed me this week to tell me how impressed she was with Ashleigh's performance in our church's Christmas program last Sunday night. She was full of compliments on Ashleigh's character (she is also Ashleigh's SS teacher). I replied and reminded her that when she first met Ash, my baby was only a week old! Wow.
One thing I have done this morning is "investigate" (isn't that what doddling online *really* is?) how to feed my family of eight. It is an ongoing struggle. I can do it *cheap* but I think I would rather do it healthy. We have been trying to make subtle changes in the way we eat (not too much, too quickly or the kids are likely to revolt!). I have been buying organic, cage free eggs (to which the kids and Chris say "hey - these shells are REALLY thick!), trying to buy hormone free milk, etc. We bought a LOT of locally raised, hormone free meat last night. A LOT. I hope it just solidifies our committment to eat out signifigantly less. Seriously - we can't even eat at McDonalds for much less than $35!
I am very thankful that, once again, we purchased the warranty on my almost new computer. It appears that my memory card reader slot is already not working! That one accessory on my computer certainly gets a workout! I am hoping that it is an easy fix and not one that requires my parting with my little friend for too long :)
The hardest part of being a mom to three kids that are all within three years of age is the sheer loneliness I am feeling. Playdates at other people's homes are just not fun right now. Abraham is such a busy little boy that he is *constantly* into something. I can't hold a conversation at ALL. It's also pretty difficult to find a sitter for five kids (including the VERY busy boy). I am not whining. I am merely stating a fact. AND I know that this time will pass. Quickly. I just need to "suck it up" and enjoy these days. And I am.
Biggest thought this morning (and thanks for hanging in there!): thank you, Jesus, for this life! All of it! The transitions, the food, the children, the hubby, the home, the ability to have surgery, the friends, the computer, the busy-ness of a toddler boy, the quiet, the chaos (and the coffee!).
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tami - Thanks for being real!
Hi Tami,
I didn't have your blog address anymore, for whatever reason, but Carrie came through and gave it to me after she mentioned you were going through surgery on Wednesday. I will be praying for you guys. I can't believe 6 weeks has passed and I haven't even gotten to see the little guy. Love all the pictures and you can bet now that I have the blog address I will be checking in on your awesome fam! Love to you all! Alison
Post a Comment