...to be self evident: that all men are created equal...
I think of these words from the Declaration of Independence in a new light today. I know that my feelings are mostly influenced by our newest addition, but I am so glad I paused on several occasions today to consider the brevity of this document. I learned late last year (and may have learned sooner had I payed much attention in Government class) that the United States is the oldest democracy in the world. That may seem trite to some, but it really is a miracle! Lots of countries have tried democracy (or even their version of it) and have failed; America has found a way to sustain freedom and democracy for 230 years!
I think of these words from the Declaration of Independence in a new light today. I know that my feelings are mostly influenced by our newest addition, but I am so glad I paused on several occasions today to consider the brevity of this document. I learned late last year (and may have learned sooner had I payed much attention in Government class) that the United States is the oldest democracy in the world. That may seem trite to some, but it really is a miracle! Lots of countries have tried democracy (or even their version of it) and have failed; America has found a way to sustain freedom and democracy for 230 years!
We did have a wonderful Independence Day this year. We attended the Park City 4th of July parade this morning and Ashleigh and Austin rode the patriotic themed bikes. Amy enjoyed the sights and sounds (and candy, of course!) of the morning.We took Amy home for a nap this afternoon and then headed back for fireworks with my Dad and his family, as well as Chris's parents. Amy didn't mind the noise toooo much; Ashleigh and Austin are becomming "pyros" like their Daddy!


Amy, Mommy and Grayson

All American Family

1 comment:
Love the updates! I can't wait until November; I'm looking forward to sharing our 'family" with our son!!
Post a Comment