Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sushi Anyone???

We had the most awesome night last night and I literally couldn't wait to blog to share! What started out as a Jr High YAC sponsors meeting turned into a really fun night of sushi making in our new kitchen!
Jim asked his Japanese born MK buddy Andy (big brother of Toby - of Jackson Waters fame) to come make us a sushi dinner. Chris was quite terrified! Actually, terrified isn't the right word - it's more like mortified! But alas - no raw fish was used in the making of our sushi.
Andy "tore up" the kitchen while he cooked, cut and rolled some of the BEST sushi I have ever eaten. Chris even at 5 pieces! And can I say - I have never been "filled" by a meal of sushi before? We all literally stuffed ourselves on the tasty morsels!
The best part for me was seeing 11 people interact in our new space. There was playing, cooking, eating and gabbing and NO ONE was cramped for space. Andy did most of the work (along with his sou (sp) chef Jim) but it was so awesome to "cook" together!
Thanks Jim for the idea.
Thanks Andy for sharing your sushi making talent with us!
Enjoy the pics.

Andy rolling some ab-fab sushi for us...

Lily and Amy running around just looking cute :)
Amy, Gail, Ashleigh and Chris look on as the sushi master does his thang...
A platter full of some yummerific morsels (and they were nearly ALL consumed!) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi! Don't know if you even get comments on such old blogs, but I recenlty was put onto your blog through my friend Jody Landers. Anyways, I have been reading through your blog like it was a book, started at the beginning, that's why I am now just commenting on 2006. Hope you don't me invading your beautiful family!! What a great story! Looks like there is much more to come by the looks of your new picture :) Love the idea of a sushi party, might do that very soon!! This Andy fellow...single?? ;) Blessings!!