Last weekend we flew to Chicago to tag along with Daddy on a business trip. We had flight vouchers from United (trip home from China) that were about to expire. They were an awesome $200 apiece! Made the flight nearly afordable.
I was packing on Thursday morning to leave and pulled out this HUGE rolling duffel. We didn't end up using it, but look how perfectly Amy fits in it! One might think you could pack three small children in it...
:)

We enjoyed the day on Friday on Navy Pier and on the Magnificent Mile!
We took the "L" from our hotel (by O'Hare) into town. Maybe I should back up and say that we traveled with my brother (ChrisTOPHER - that's what I call him) and his family (Joy, Grayson and Tate). So, Joy and I loaded up the FIVE kids on Friday morning and took the train. It wasn't bad - but a little crazy. We had an overprices lunch at McDonalds and then enjoyed an afternoon at the Children's Museum.
I was packing on Thursday morning to leave and pulled out this HUGE rolling duffel. We didn't end up using it, but look how perfectly Amy fits in it! One might think you could pack three small children in it...
:)
We enjoyed the day on Friday on Navy Pier and on the Magnificent Mile!
We took the "L" from our hotel (by O'Hare) into town. Maybe I should back up and say that we traveled with my brother (ChrisTOPHER - that's what I call him) and his family (Joy, Grayson and Tate). So, Joy and I loaded up the FIVE kids on Friday morning and took the train. It wasn't bad - but a little crazy. We had an overprices lunch at McDonalds and then enjoyed an afternoon at the Children's Museum.
Fireman Grayson and trusty side-kick Amy
After we left the museum we crammed into a cab to go to Michigan Avenue. We lost a wallet. I took four of the five kids on a "little" walk down the "mile" while Joy ran back to retrace her steps. We went to Cheesecake Factory for supper (the Chris's met us there). It wasn't really what I would call "fun". The mom's were a little maxed out and the kids were all exhausted and hungry. THe night ended ok, though, as the Mom's enjoyed a slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake before bed.
The rest of the weekend was kind of boring.
Until the airport...
Did I mention we were tired???
Our plane was supposed to leave just before 3 pm to come home. It was delayed due to "maintenence" issues. Hmmmm. I wonder what that is???
We finally boarded the plane and once we were all sitting they told us the air conditioning system wasn't working with both units. It would be "a little warm" until we were airborne. Ummm. No water. 45 minutes on the tarmac. Yuck.
So we are finally flying. I look out the window about 45 minutes into the flight and saw them... storm clouds. Large, billowing, dark storm clouds. I decided to distract myself by playing silly with Amy. The pilot came on about 5 minutes later and said that we had to fly through them. It was going to get "very bumpy for awhile". My stomach hurts just thinking about it...
But I made it through without really even panicking. I think it's resolve. I know I have to fly again in a few months - on a 16 hour plane ride. What good will it do me to get anxious?
I am THRILLED to be home. It wasn't a bad trip, but it wasn't the best one we have taken, either.


2 comments:
Tami,
Amy looks so cute in her pigtails! Here hair is getting long. I can't wait until I can do something with Abigail's hair. It's so pitifully thin and it grows kind of weird. Maybe by the time she's 4...:-)
I'm starting to get some of those gray hairs too! I just try to ignore them unless they're sticking straight up in the front. :-)
Laura
My first visit to "the blog" and what fun! Love the pictures. What WILL I do without you when you are in China???
Love love,
Stacie
Post a Comment