Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kansas City and changes...

We had a BLAST in Kansas City! The play was awesome (although we are now going to have to rent the movie and watch it to compare!) and the couple time was much needed!
We had an extra blessing as we were pulling into KC. Our realtor called... We were trying to persude the buyer of our house to close a month early (April 23) so we could get a move on. A good friend offered some AWESOME advice (thanks, Joe F!!!) and the realtor called to say we close a week and a half from now! Wow! And the folks we are buying the new house from have graciously agreed to allow us to start moving in in 5 days! Ummmm... I got a LOT of packing to do!
Yesterday (Saturday) we did some furniture shopping at Nebraska Furniture Mart! I love that place! I am proud to say that we found a sofa that we love and an area rug for our living room. I am more proud to say that we didn't buy them. We decided to wait a bit. No impulse purchases for us yesterday. Our one purchase was another bench for our kitchen table. It has a leaf that expands it to a square and in the new house there is actually room to do that! So we bought our bench. That's it.
I can hardly believe that two weeks from now I will be blogging from the farm...

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take couple pictures like we do. love them.

you look refreshed. was that at the end of the trip??

Shelley said...

So glad the weekend was good...now back to reality and a busy week! : ) Isn't it nice to get away~ Love, shelley

Connie J said...

Get packin' girl ~ you're moving to the country! Woohoo!
Love you!