Thirty-three.
That's me.
We loaded the troop into the Suburban and headed to our favorite Japanese grill/sushi place.
Yummmmm!
Their Christmas tree was decorated with LOTS of oragami ornaments!
Beautiful!

I am usually behind the camera, but I turned picture taking duty over to Austin for the night.
That's me.
We loaded the troop into the Suburban and headed to our favorite Japanese grill/sushi place.
Yummmmm!
Their Christmas tree was decorated with LOTS of oragami ornaments!
Beautiful!
I am usually behind the camera, but I turned picture taking duty over to Austin for the night.
Then we came home and enjoyed Mommy's favorite - Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse cheesecake!
Can you say "YUMMY!"?
They seated us at dinner with a poor, unfortunate couple... Out for the night - without kids!
As they were leaving, they blessed us by contributing to our bill. The husband looked at Chris and I and said "you are VERY blessed...".
I almost started crying!
Not that I haven't almost cried or actually cried several times already today!
Here's the deal:
God can use junk.
He's so awesome and can do ANYTHING without us.
But -
he works in our incredible weakness in order to bring glory to HIS NAME!
He's been working with this junk heap for thiry-three years now.
Three years ago, I celebrated my 30th birthday - meaning we could finally send our dossier to China - in hopes of adopting a little girl we would call Amy Carmichael. Then came Anna Chenghao (my 31st birthday present was her referral!). Nothing "exciting" for my 32nd birthday...
Yet, here I am on my 33rd birthday with three amazing gifts from China and two home made gifts.
Not all the changes in the past three years are seen with the eyes...
God has taught me SO much.
I have been thinking all day how best to articulate that.
I got nothing.
So, I trust that God knows my heart and that you just come along for the ride.
All glory to Him!


8 comments:
Happy Birthday, how time flies. I remember you waiting so patiently to turn 30 and here you are 3 years later with 3 wonderful blessings from China.
Happy Birthday! God is so very good!
Happy Birthday! Beautifully said... God is Awesome!!
Love ya friend,
Kim
I love birthdays! I hope yours was super duper happy!
Happy Birthday. I didn't realize we were the same age. I turned 33 in May. What a wonderful day and awesome work the Lord is doing!
Happy, Happy Birthday, my friend! What an amazing 3 years you have had! God is good! You have a beautiful family. That couple was right...you are very blessed.
Love you and wish we weren't so far away!!
Happy Birthday! Great, great photos. You ARE so blessed and so lucky. Breath it all in. Will birthday #34 bring another China trip?!
I know I'm woefully late, but Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fun day! That's a great picture of you, by the way. :)
Post a Comment